Employment, Pay & Pension
This guide provides analysis of the new 2014 TUPE Amendment Regulations including:
- the scope to “service provision changes” (i.e. outsourcing/contracting-out and in), as well as clarification of the Regulation 3;
- key changes relating to transfer dismissals and changes to terms and conditions;
- pensions obligations under TUPE;
- clarified ‘joint‘consultation rights;
- the confusing application of TUPE where the transferor is insolvent.
A practical guide to employment and tax issues
This book is primarily for parents looking for a source of information which compares the different types of childcare available in the UK. It provides information on the financial consequences, commitments and obligations that come with each of the different forms of childcare.
The Equality Act 2010 and other anti-discrimination protections
Equality and Anti-Discrimination Law covers The Equality Act 2010 and other anti-discrimination protections both within the UK legislation and in the context of EU law.
As well as the Equality Act 2010, other key areas covered include atypical worker protection and family friendly regulation: each of these are discussed to sufficient detail to enable the reader to gain a working understanding of how each operates.The text takes account of case law from both UK courts, and European Courts where this is needed. This helps show the interaction that UK and EU law has in the area of equality law, and how the systems are interdependent.
A comparative guide
The book reviews the evolution of labour law within the EU, analyses the distinct regional approaches to employment and welfare, and looks at the pressures for change within a further enlarged EU. The authors then provide a basic outline of employment law in each of the 28 member states, and in Turkey, Montenegro and Bosnia Herzegovina (all of whom are preparing for membership). It is intended for HR persons, lawyers looking for basic knowledge, policymakers & lawmakers elsewhere in EU, and EU bodies.
This is a comprehensive guide to the tax treatment of executive reward packages, from recruitment to termination. Includes a comprehensive glossary of terms, checklists and flowcharts.
The sixth edition contains analysis of: the following changes:
- Taxation of pensions contributions, cap on tax relief for contributions, additional rate relief restriction, alignment of pension input periods, reduction in lifetime allowance, freedom to draw down lump sums
- Termination payments Significant proposed changes in treatment
- Employee Benefit Trusts: Important case law developments (Murray Group Holdings)
- Employee Shareholder Shares: Changes to the relief and proposal to end agreements
- Employee Share Plans: Streamlining and Self-certification
- Benefits in kind: Removal of ‘lower-paid employee’ status
Includes complete work on CD-ROM (with cross-references and website resources hyperlinked) with the printed book.
This book is intended to meet a range of different needs and to cater for different levels of knowledge about employee ownership. If you are considering making your company employee-owned or you are advising someone going through that process, and in either case are new to the topic, you can build up your knowledge levels from Chapter 1. Alternatively, the book can be used as a reference work if you have a particular question to answer.
The book is intended as practical guide rather than a highly detailed technical treatise. Its priority is to explain key issues in an accessible fashion and to raise awareness of where further exploration and advice may be important.
This is an indispensable collection of statutory and non-statutory materials relating to charity law in England and Wales. Revised to coincide with the implementation of the Charities Act 2011 – a major consolidation of the charity law - the Handbook is an essential reference source for charity lawyers, in-house lawyers, academics, charities and voluntary organisations and their trustees.
Available as three paperback volumes, CD-ROM or both (the mixed media option).
GBP 99.95GBP 49.98 Add to basket